Today's post is for the new challenge that's started at Colour Me...! and we are going Monochromatic!
This color is not one I reach for often but it is pretty. It looks really good with white, vellum and browns which is the direction I went with my card. I used rectangle die cuts from Winnie & Walter to create my layers. I cut the largest die with Crisp Cantaloupe card stock from Stampin Up and a piece of vellum. I adhered the piece of vellum over the CC piece for a muted look.
Next I die cut a smaller rectangle with a piece of white card stock from WPlus9 and adhered it on top of vellum piece. I die cut the word 'happy' from the Winnie & Walter The Big, The Bold, The Happy Cutaways and adhered it using my Zig 2-way glue pen. I then stamped the sentiment and image using Baked Brown Sugar from Stampin Up. I finished up the card by adhering a few Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.
Simple cards are hard for me and I always want to add more. Walking away is usually the best idea.
Hope that you can join us this week for the new challenge.
Our challenge ends on Mondays at 12:00 pm (EST). We have a few rules to keep things fun and fair!
- Any type of crafty projects are welcome ~ greeting cards, 3D projects, scrapbooking, digital or traditional paper crafts, costumes, if it's crafty we want to see it!
- We ask that you only use the colours listed for your project and of course neutrals are always welcome.
- Feel free to combine us with up to 3 challenges (including ours), with the exception of other colour challenges.
- Please add our graphic to your blog with a link back to us.
- We reserve the right to remove any links if we feel any material submitted is offensive or found to be in poor taste, we are all here to have a good time!
If you have a chance, please check out what the rest of the design team has created for you.
Thanks for stopping by today. Please leave me a comment if you have any questions or just like to let me know you stopped by. I love reading all of your comments. As always, the products used will be listed and linked below.
Have a great day!