It's time for another challenge at Colour Me...! and this time we are going Monochromatic with Tangelo Twist also known as Orange :)
I decided to go very simple with my card this time around and not overthink it.
I started with a piece of Neenah Solar White card stock cut to a standard 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 side folding card. Then I cut a piece of Tangelo Twist card stock from Stampin Up to fit the front of card base. Next I die cut the word hugs from a new Lawn Fawn word die about 5 times and glued them together on top of each other to give it some added dimension.
For the bottom of the card I used the Dotted Borders Die from Avery Elle to decorate it up a little and to show a little bit of white on the card. Next I took some white thread and just allowed it to fall on the card in a circular motion. I adhered the hugs die on top of the thread with glue. I sprinkled some Tangerine sequins from Pretty Pink Posh around the card.
Last but certainly not least, I used my Wink of Stella Clear Glitter pen on top of the word die to give it some sparkle and shine. When I make something this simple I have to simply walk away from it or I want to add more and more. I ended up rounding the corner after a few minutes just because I couldn't help myself.
I hope this has inspired you to join us on the blog and use one color on your project. You can find out all the details here. Here are a few rules to remember when playing along....
Our challenge ends on Mondays at 12:00 pm (EST). We have a few rules to keep things fun and fair!
- Any type of crafty projects are welcome ~ greeting cards, 3D projects, scrapbooking, digital or traditional paper crafts, costumes, if it's crafty we want to see it!
- We ask that you only use the colours listed for your project and of course neutrals are always welcome.
- Feel free to combine us with up to 3 challenges (including ours), with the exception of other colour challenges.
- Please add our graphic to your blog with a link back to us.
- We reserve the right to remove any links if we feel any material submitted is offensive or found to be in poor taste, we are all here to have a good time!
As always, the products used today will be listed and linked below. Please leave me a comment to let me know that you stopped by. I love reading all of your comments though out the day.