Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Have A Boo-Tastic Halloween

Good morning! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog.

For today, I have a really cute card to share with you and I'm so excited about it. I don't use distress inks enough and I don't know why. They are so much fun to work with and create projects. Today's card was inspired by the current challenge going on over at the Lawnscaping Challenge blog and it's all about Halloween colors.


I chose to just go with a Halloween theme instead of the colors. I didn't really have a way to incorporate the orange into what I wanted to do. I knew that I wanted to use distress inks that would blend together very well so I went with Black Soot, Faded Jeans and Dusty Concord.


The colors look really cool together and I think blend quite well. I used Neenah Natural White card stock for my base. My first order of business was to stamp the word "boo" all over the card to use as my background. I pieced together the letters using Milo's ABCs from Lawn Fawn and stamped it randomly all over the card using Versamark ink. Next I used some white embossing powder and zapped it with my heat tool. I then took to my distress inks and went blender tool happy. I started with Black Soot and then Faded Jeans blending it into the black. Next up was Dusty Concord who wanted to try and give me a fit but I ended up winning that battle.

I grabbed a small piece of Tim Holtz water color paper. I love how thick this paper is and that there is a textured and smooth side. I used the smooth side so I could a clear stamped image. Now this was the extra fun part or as some would say "it takes a lot of patience" part. To make the sentiment, I had to piece together 3 different stamp sentiments from the set Spooktacular. This took a lot of washi tape to make this happen.

**Click on picture above to be redirected to the Lawn Fawn site to purchase this stamp set**

Here is the stamp set that I used. First I used the "have a purr-fect halloween" and masked off everything but "have a". I stamped it in Versafine Black ink to get a really good impression. Next I stamped the "-tastic" part from the "fang-tastic" set. The next part was the very tricky part. I wanted the word "boo" but didn't have that on this set. So I improvised. I stamped the "poo" in spooktacular and then stamped up just the P next, wiped off the bottom of the P and stamped another loop to make the letter b. I just loved that it turned out so good and looks like the B was there all along!!! Next I stamped "halloween" from "purr-fect halloween" set to finish off the sentiment. I was just so giddy with excitement. It obviously doesn't take much for me. Hee Hee!


Now it was time for all the embellishments and to put the card together. I cut the white piece in to a banner, wrapped some black and white twine around the top of it and adhered it to the card using foam dimensionals. I decided that I wanted a little more color in that area. I grabbed some white baker's twine and colored it with some Dusty Concord ink to make it match the card. To finish it off, I stamped the cute ghost and die cut him off with the coordinating dies. He was popped up on dimensionals also and covered in glossy accents to help him shine. I added some sparkly sequins from Pretty Pink Posh and called this card complete!


That's all for today, friends! I hope that you enjoyed the card and the techniques used to make it work. Making your stamps stretch gets more uses and creates a lot more fun. Try it out and head over to the Lawnscaping blog to play along with the challenge. As always, supplies used are listed & linked below.

Have a great day,

Angel


Supplies Used:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. Hope you will come back soon!